Saturday, August 07, 2004

When Zero Adds Up

I have accomplished absolutely nothing today. I came home from the hospital, napped, wrote a little and then was planning on working in the yard. I got sidetracked by an effort to set up something on one of our websites, but was about to let that be, when the doorbell rang.

It was Tiffany, my eldest stepdaughter.



She said, "MI hadmpth uh denthist appointhmenth andth thoufth I'd droup by to thee you"

Translation: she had been to the dentist and was still a little numb.

Anyway, we ended up talking for a long while. She asked some questions about how her Mom was doing and told me she was heading to the hospital next. She let me vent quite a bit.

Then she said some of the kindest things to me that she's ever said.

I pretty much fell apart.

We hugged. She went on her way.

I cried a little as she drove off.

I haven't accomplished anything today...

This is a day I will never forget.