Saturday, August 21, 2004

For Your Planning Purposes

One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: "Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent." -Acts 18:9


I woke up this morning with a plan...I even wrote it down.
1. Get stuff together for Amy
2. Buy a newspaper
3. Go see Amy
4. Wash car/dogs
5. Walk
6. Clean the house
7. Take a nap
8. Have dinner with Gordon and Chuck.

I got through the first three, no problem.

I only now got in my walk though and the sense of urgency about the other stuff, except dinner, is fading.

Plans are like that a lot...they don't always work out as we planned. It's realizing that at the time, which is difficult.

In truth, that's what's going on with Amy right now. We have a long term plan for addressing her medical problems that included what we expected to be a relatively minor procedure. Well, that became something more major. It's been painful, and tiring, and frustrating. It wasn't in our plan.

But we do still have our plan.

We lost sight of that I think...or at least I did.

The next time I develop a plan...right at the top I'm writing : "keep it all in perspective."

By the way, Amy did indeed go back and ask if she could go sit with the woman who screams and sing to her, but the nurses wouldn't allow it. Knowing Amy, I think she's planning to keep asking.