Friday, August 06, 2004

The Downs Of UPS

For some reason one of Amy's mail order prescriptions is coming by UPS, which means I have to sign for it. We've had plenty of experience in missing deliveries and then having to plead with UPS to give us another shot, or go pick the item up at the UPS office. Even though Amy is hospitalized and doesn't need the medication right away, I figured I didn't need the hassle. I knew if I missed the delivery today, I'd be playing this stupid game all next week. So today I thought I'd dedicate myself to being here...waiting.

Waiting for the UPS guy.

I mean, how long could it take?

I had my "tracking number" and everything which meant I was able to log onto the UPS website where it tells me the package arrived in San Antonio at 3 a.m.

It arrived at the airport about 6 miles from our home...15 hours ago.

The UPS guy must be taking the long way here.

Of course I wasn't really able to get in a nap today for fear of missing the UPS man.
I couldn't go on my daily walk.
My planned return to the hospital was put on hold.

I'm still waiting.

I'm being held hostage by UPS!

At least now I know that the UPS slogan "What can brown do for you today?" is not a rhetorical question.

I know the answer.

They can show up!


***I promise as soon as I was about to hit publish on this...the UPS guy rang the doorbell