Sunday, August 29, 2004

Walking Into Fear

Fear crept in like smoke under a doorway and within seconds choked her.
I watched it happen today to Amy.

As I was packing up some of the truckload of stuff that Amy's managed to acquire while hospitalized for the past month, she burst into tears. It was obvious she was suddenly intimidated at the idea of leaving tomorrow.

It's understandable, as much as she wants to come home; she also is leaving the comfort zone to which she's become all too accustomed.

I drove home and called Amy as soon as I arrived.

I told her what she already knew, but needed to hear again.

I reminded her that we understood fear...and knew how to conquer it.

So together we sobbed and soothed each other quoting scripture and song.

And we did the only thing God has ever truly asked of us.

That's how we conquered fear today...we surrendered.

Surrendered it all to God.


All to Jesus I surrender;
all to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
in His presence daily live.

I surrender all, I surrender all,
all to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.


"I Surrender All"
Text: J.W. Van Deventer
Music: W.S. Weeden