Thursday, September 23, 2004

Wife Your Feet

Pain is such an all consuming thing. I've watched Amy grapple with it for months and months now. I can't imagine how frustrating it is for her.

This new pain from the gastric tube often results in her having to find "positions" in which to rest that provide her some relief.

This morning I stumbled out of the bedroom to find her lying in the entryway to the living room. I nearly tripped over her.

Half asleep, bleary-eyed and confused (which is my state of being most of the time not only in the morning) I started to panic fearing she had fallen down the stairs or collapsed in the middle of the night.

At that moment though she opened her eyes, smiled, and said, "Oh, this was a comfortable position....I guess I fell asleep."

I didn't make any coffee this morning; my heart was beating plenty fast.