Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Button It Up

Amy's pain is still no better so we're going to try some new things next week. Our meeting with her doctor went well today and we laid out a plan of attack. Amy mentioned that she can handle the pain and frustration a lot better if she knows that it's going somewhere.

Next week we'll undergo some different procedures... replacing the g-tube with what's commonly called a "button."

Hopefully that will reduce her discomfort.

This morning I allowed myself to be mentally sucked in to some other folk's self pity and perhaps unintentional attempts at manipulation. As a result that dominated my mind for too long. As Amy spoke of her pain today and how coping with it became easier when a plan was in place, I thought how I could use the same approach.

Her plan works for pains in the rear end too.