Friday, September 17, 2004

Sticks, Stats, Clicks And Wives

A lot of folks might miss Laura's comment about the "Stick people" since it was something I posted several days ago, but she wrote a really cute piece some time back about the same thing. It's worth reading.
------
I noticed the hit counter went over 30,000 today. I'm not a big believer in hit counters. I've left that one up only to give me a warning when Gordon's mentions my blog. It's set very stringent, so it doesn't count me, or any computer in my home or office. It's supposedly counting unique visitors, though it's a completely different number than what I receive from the web host statistics.

When I first put up a hit counter I also put up a fake counter.



I liked that. Everyone sees a different number...hit refresh you'll see what I mean.

Near as I can tell, this site averages about 180 visits a day from different websites...unless Gordon mentions me...then it skyrockets for a week or two. A few of those folks come back. A few link to me.

I'm not all that interested in the numbers as much as I am the comments. I find it fascinating which subjects provoke the most responses. I'm fairly certain, despite all my spouted wisdom and insight, the post that got the overall most comments was something I wrote months ago about whether it's okay to bend the pages of books.

Those of you seeking intellectual thought might take that under advisement.
-----
Saturday I will be working building a Habitat for Humanity house. Say a prayer for the poor people who are going to live there...I don't mean "poor people" as in financially, I mean "oh those poor people, they drew me on their building team."

I'm not a handyman.


My friend, Ben, tells me to wear shorts and work boots. I can't see myself doing that...I think I'd feel like one of the Village People. No matter the heat, I think I'm sticking to jeans.
-----
Phone calls don't cut it.

Sunday night, Amy will finally be coming home. I've taken off work Monday so I can meet her at the airport.

She hasn't had the easiest time of it in Ohio, but it's been a good time.

It's time for her to be here though.

I need her.