Thursday, September 09, 2004

Meeting Raul

Say what you want about the government bureaucracy, but I believe in giving credit where credit is due.


Mr. Main:
We have received your report and payment for the 2003 Sales Tax. Based on the circumstances described in your message, your request for a penalty waiver has been granted. A refund will be issued for the penalty that you have already paid.

I hope your wife gets better soon. In the meantime, she appears to be in good hands. Please continue to take care of her and yourself, sir.

Sincerely,
Raul Cruz
Revenue Accounting Division
Advanced Collections Processing
Texas Comptroller's Office


Not sure how soon they'll refund the money, but considering they responded to my email in two days, I'd consider that something of a miracle in itself.

I do write good letters.