Monday, September 13, 2004

Dj's, Ducks, Dogs and Big Bucks

I felt pretty good about my finding 93 cents on Sunday, until I read this story. Maybe I should take the dogs with me on my walk, no telling how much I might inflate the value of my discoveries. Of course I'd also be driven insane, but that might be a small price to pay.

I got an email today from a gentleman who works as a mobile DJ in Denver...he's moving to Corpus Christi and is networking the local radio scene. I tried to help him as much as possible in that although I'm on five stations in Corpus Christi I don't actually live there...he said, "I know you probably get hundreds of emails each week...."

Now, that's inflation. If I got hundreds of emails through my blog each week I'd shut the puppy down and run....I wouldn't look for any coins on the way either.

I picked this up while walking the other day...I have no idea why.



Yes, it's a duck head. I have no idea what it's from...I have no idea why I picked it up...and I have no idea why I'm writing about it, except that it's sitting on my desk.

It seemed like such an odd thing to find in the middle of the street I simply couldn't resist putting it in my pocket.

It's broken, off what I don't know...it's chipped and battered. It's of no use to me.

Someone had use for it once though.

I think I'm going to keep the duck head.



As a reminder of chipped and battered things that are discarded.

It's not a gold coin, but it has value to me.

In the beginning You laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of Your hands.
They will perish, but You remain; they will all wear out like a garment.
Like clothing you will change them and they will be discarded.
But You remain the same, and Your years will never end.
- Psalm 102:25-27