Saturday, September 18, 2004

A Lesson In Humanity



I'm in pain.

Let's get to what everyone wants to know. I ended up in shorts and work boots. Most of the experienced workers were dressed the same...no one laughed...no one broke out into a chorus of Y-M-C-A either.

Not even when we were forced to wear hard hats.

I spent most of the morning hoisting wood up to folks doing the roofing. After lunch I hammered on siding.

I'm in pain.

And it was well worth it.

Habitat for Humanity is one of those rare undertakings that started with a Christ-centered philosophy and never veered from it.

If you're not familiar with its origins, you should read this.

When you keep Christ the focus of your works...hang on, there's no telling where God may take you.

I thank God for the opportunity.

And for ibuprophen.

I'm going back next Saturday for more...assuming I can walk by then.