Saturday, September 11, 2004

Long Distance Holding...

I sat down to write on another topic, which I'll get to soon but my thoughts have been harnessed.

In my last call to Amy she told me she was having some problems with her feeding tube...and she's a thousand miles away.

Of course it's the weekend...her doctor is not on call. So we will wait until Monday...a thousand miles apart.

She's handling it, and she knows what needs to be done...there's nothing more to do but wait.

I'll handle it too.

It would be a lot easier though, if I could hold her hand...but she's a thousand miles away.

Father, I know You're there...hold her close I pray.


If I go up to the heavens, You are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, You are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there Your hand will guide me,
Your right hand will hold me fast.
- Psalm 139:8-12