Thursday, July 01, 2004

Ahhhhh

We've arrived. It was a relatively uneventful trip, although even though I'm considerably skinnier than the last time I was on an airplane, the seats still seem to get smaller.

Security gave us no problems, although one flight attendant did question Amy about her use of syringes on the aircraft. I don't think he was worried about her having syringes, I think he was asking if she actually "used them on board". I'm not sure why, but I got the impression that he thought it might violate some rule if passengers shot up drugs in mid-air. I explained she was "flushing" her central line with saline and then pointed to the line protruding from her chest. At that point he obviously decided he didn't want to know more. It was like a little alarm went off, "Danger Danger...if you continue this course, you may end up caring about these people instead of treating them like cattle". He took our medical debris and threw it away without further comment.

Ohio is nice and cool...the household is asleep, so I'm going to take my morning walk...the only danger being I may very well get lost. Guess I better bring my phone.

Leaving the dogs behind I must confess is one of the nicest things about going on vacation. We love them, but they are a handful. Of course the moment we walked in the door of my in-laws house I was greeted by Kasha barking incessantly.

You can run...