Monday, June 07, 2004

Worrisense

I got home from the hospital today and slept all afternoon.

And it was good.

Amy told me this morning she thought I shouldn't blog about her health issues, "because it's like you have to live everything twice and it only makes it harder on you."

Amy worries that I worry too much.

When she told me that, I nodded.

I nod a lot. I found that gets me in less trouble than when I open my mouth.

In honesty I live everything far more than twice, but who's counting.



As I was writing this post, I was interrupted by a phone call. My eldest stepdaughter Tiffany was on the line. She and her boyfriend are at a stage of their relationship where there are some communication barriers coming to the forefront.

In other words, she's a female and he's a male. She wants to talk about stuff... he really doesn't.

I tried nodding, but for the record that doesn't work as well over the phone.

We talked for quite a while, and I offered my advice, but Tiffany will soon be 23 - she is far wiser than her years. She'll make up her own mind.

I must confess it is nice to know she wanted my opinion.

I realize also that it's nice to love and be loved so much that it provokes worry.

(Insert nod here)

As a dream comes when there are many cares, so the speech of a fool when there are many words.
Ecclesiastes 5:2-4