Thursday, June 17, 2004

Esther, It's The Big One

From the Houston Chronicle this morning - Yes, it's 2 A.M.


For `Esther,' `Madonna' is immaterial
ANDREW GUY JR.
Copyright 2004 Houston Chronicle

Madonna Louise Veronica Ciccone has a message for the world: "Call me Esther."

Madonna, after all, isn't exactly kosher if you're into Kabbalah. So the Material Girl has claimed the Hebrew name of Esther.

This announcement comes in the middle of her Re-Invention tour and just days before the release of her third children's book. Her latest, Yakov and the Seven Thieves (Callaway, $19.95), hits bookstores on Monday.

In an interview to air Friday night on ABC's 20/20, Madonna/Esther talks about her faith, adding that although she was named after her mother (who died when she was young), the superstar isn't dishonoring her memory with the name change.

"I wanted to attach myself to the energy of a different name," she says in the interview.



I love that line..."I wanted to attach myself to the energy of a different name".

I think I'll do the same thing. You may now call me Bill Gates. I am only doing this to attach myself to his energy....if a few shekels should fall my way as a result...well, so be it.