Wednesday, June 09, 2004

The Waiting Game



I stopped at Sam's on the way home from the hospital today to drop off a prescription and a booming thunderstorm broke out as I was walking into the store. Since I was only in there a few minutes, the storm was in full fledged rage as I was leaving.

The choices - run to the car or stand and wait for the storm to pass like many people were doing.

Patience is not my strong suit, and now I'm soaked to the bone.

If anything the storm intensified with every hurried step. By the time I got to the car I was splashing through six inches of water.

I should have waited.

Barring the unexpected, Amy should get out of the hospital in a day or two.

I'm optimistic, but I'm suddenly in less of a hurry.

Sometimes God sends pretty clear lessons...I only need to soak them up.