Thursday, June 10, 2004

Less Loafing, A Glass Of Wine, and Now

Back from my walk and I'm sitting down to write. There's nothing wrong with that, except it's almost 8:30 and my alarm goes off in less than 5 hours.

I'm treating myself to a glass of wine.



Amy is likely coming home tomorrow and my soul is much more at peace.

I stepped on the scales a few minutes ago and weighed in at 193. Once I re-hydrate that will change, but I'm going to hold onto the vision for tonight at least. Seven more pounds and I'll have dropped a full 50.

I haven't written too much about the weight loss thing here since that really wasn't my intent when I started fasting, and now I find the folks who ask me about it don't really want to hear the answer. It's always a short conversation.

"I'm amazed at how much weight you've lost! So what's the secret?"

"I ate less, and exercised more"

"oh"


I really want to write about something else tonight. About how crazy it is to be a Christian. About how frightening it is to realize you are one and about how sometimes God doesn't give you any choice.

But this isn't the time.

Instead I'm going to enjoy this glass of wine and go to bed...and let my thoughts ferment.