Monday, July 11, 2005

Sold A Load

H.H. Gregg revisited.

On our last visit to Ohio we tried to return an overpriced oversold overly complicated piece of electronics to a company called H.H. Gregg, which we found to be populated by slimy sales sharks. They refused all our efforts to compromise and we left highly discouraged not to mention dissatisfied.

We also went to Best Buy and Sam's and purchased a new computer, a new TV and a new receiver for my in-laws (with their money - don't get all silly on me). That money could have been spent at H.H. Gregg.

Anyway now that same overprice oversold overly complicated piece of electronics (a VCR and DVD recorder) is blinking the word "loading" in an eerie blue light over and over and over again. It won't play, much less record, a DVD...and so our last full day in Ohio is going to be spent going back to H.H. Gregg - home of the slimy sales sharks.

My father-in-law bought a three year warranty when he got this thing which I was informed during our last visit only applies to "mechanical problems."

The constantly blinking blue light I believe will fall into that category. We can't even turn the gizmo off without unplugging it and when you plug it back it the annoying light resumes blinking.

I'm going to try to stay out of it and simply unleash Amy on these guys...Hopefully she'll come away with store credit in the form of a gift card...if so - look for it on EBay because if at all possible I don't want to buy anything from these up-selling rip-off artists...but we'd be glad to sell someone else the opportunity.

For now though I'm going to try to focus my thoughts on more important things, our last full day for a while with our daughter Lisa, our last few hours with my nieces and their parents, and of course...coffee

-----

Lisa at Lakeside