Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Warning! Read This And Waste Your Day!

This is my house.


click to enlarge

This is our church

Click to enlarge

This is Yankee Stadium

Click


These images are from a service being offered by Google called "Keyhole" which lets you go anywhere on Earth and get a satellite view. It is astounding...at least to play with for their free seven day trial.

For map geeks or world travelers it would be worth the 30 bucks a year to pay for it easily. You can not only find your house, or business...you can locate coffee shops, Italian restaurants, churches, almost anything with the options provided.

The satellite images are dated. Our neighborhood doesn't reflect streets I walk every day, nor does the image of the church property show our new building, but it's still astounding.

I warn you again, if you download the trial program...you will not get anything else done today and I will not be held responsible.

That's all the time I have today for blogging I have much more important things to do.

Let's see....hmmm maybe Paris.