Sunday, January 09, 2005

Sore Back, Sunday And Silence

Everyone's an editor -for whatever reason blogger is taking my posts but is not publishing them. So I've been silenced, at least on line.

I've always said I write for myself...I suppose now I'm proving that.

Erin moved in yesterday. I searched my memory for a time when I could move somewhere with all my needed possessions in my car and then I realized there never was a time in my life when I've done that.

I've carried some clunky furniture with me since I was 17, including the rather large desk my computer is sitting on now, an old newspaperman's desk...that old newspaperman was my father. There are other items as well that I have hauled with me for 30 years or more - every time I moved.

In a way I suppose that's been good, it's certainly discouraged me from moving a lot - you carry this old hardwood desk up a flight of stairs and the memory stays with you, well after the ibuprophen wears off.

I don't feel limited by my possessions and if push really came to shove I think Amy and I could grab a few photo albums, take a look back and walk away from almost everything else in this house without much problem.

In truth that should probably be our goal in life - not to acquire all the things we want...but to be able to leave everything behind gladly.

I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. - John 14:18