Thursday, December 09, 2004

Let's Roll

I have seen something else under the sun: The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11


As has happened before, Amy is hesitant to leave the hospital. I don't blame her. We don't seem to be able to get very far away before we end up scurrying back.

As a result of the infections she's had she can't be hooked up to any foreign objects, which means if she comes home she will experience true freedom for the first time in over a year. No beeping machines, no IV's...no feedbags or gastric tubes.

It will require some pretty rigid dietary guidelines. It will require bravery. It may require I buy a "smoothie machine."

But I see this as such an opportunity...an opportunity that may prove to Amy that she is healthier than she thinks.

Right now, Amy's fear is blurring her recognition of that; she doesn't see it, at least not as clearly as I do. Make no mistake her fear is justified, my vision might be a little different had I been through so many surgeries and spent so many months in the hospital in the past year alone.

However I think we've got to take the gamble.



Unless someone tackles us on the way out the door, I'm busting Amy out of the hospital Friday morning...

Tonight I pray like Solomon...to hear the very wisdom of God.

Let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance