Friday, December 03, 2004

A Blatant Plug



I have one charity I work with...well technically I guess I work with a couple but each year I'm involved in one charity project with our radio stations. It's the "Elf Louise Radiothon." It starts this morning (Friday) and runs through Saturday.

We ask folks for money and the money buys toys for kids in the San Antonio area for Christmas. No one gets paid; a tiny fraction of the money (2 percent) goes for postage and insurance. It's a good cause.

You don't have to live in San Antonio to give toys to children who otherwise wouldn't get them for Christmas.

This is the number to call: (210) 979-7700

I'll be out there Saturday afternoon. Amy is bucking to come along with me. I will be doing very little "on air," I'll simply be helping in whatever way I can.

You can find out more about the humble origins of Elf Louise at their website.