Thursday, May 19, 2005

Solo

I'm only spending a minute blogging this morning, I woke Amy up by whispering "Starbucks....latte...Starbucks...latte" into her ear and after suppressing the urge to strangle me she suddenly feels like going to Starbucks.

We're down to only two full days left in Ohio (although somewhere I lost a day I keep thinking today is Wednesday) and there have been some traditions which we -or at least I - have not as yet partaken.

Note to my nieces and their parents in Tulsa this next part may be difficult to read.

We have been here for five days and I have not eaten at Skyline once!

Yes...it's true! I have never been in Ohio for more than 24 hours without having partaken of Skyline at least once and sometimes three or four times! The world is out of balance.

When we have driven here, we've stopped at Skyline before going to see relatives or had our relations meet us there. Usually 4 or 5 days into a trip here I have a chili stains on every article clothing I've packed and have made several new friends acquaintences - people I've splattered during my feeding frenzies.

Today the madness stops. Starbucks in a few minutes.. Skyline as soon as they open the doors.

Again, I wonder if there is not something subliminal about this odd turn of events. Perhaps I am purposely avoiding Skyline because I know we'll be leaving Lisa behind in Ohio for the summer...and I subconsciously fear her flying solo.

Nah...that's silly.

First off, she's going to be fine in Ohio this summer with more family around her than ever.

Second, none of us ever truly fly solo.



But a time is coming, and has come, when you will be scattered, each to his own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me.
- John 16:32