Sunday, May 29, 2005

It's The Little Things

I sat down to write an email to a church member - which I did quickly - and then I thought I would try to modify blogger's comment function a little to make it stand out a bit more. That wasn't too difficult.

Then I simply wanted to make the copyright symbol black instead of gray on each post.

I now realize I have wasted 2 hours or more doing these tiny tasks.

I'm going to pick Amy up from work in an hour so we can attempt to watch "The Aviator."

We started out to watch it yesterday until I pulled it out of the sleeve and saw it was nearly 3 hours long. At that point we stopped dead in our tracks.

Wouldn't it be easier if everything in life came with a time stamp?

Had I been blessed with a little preview sheet for my planned blogger manipulations which read "this will take you two hours," I'd be downstairs well into a nap by now and no one would be the wiser.

Little things often have big appetites when it comes to my time.