Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The End Is Rear

This is a family website...meaning members of my family read it. Surprisingly that doesn't really limit me too much, I don't have any great desire to spout profanity or sexual innuendo, which is probably a polite way of saying for the most part I'm fairly boring.

On occasion I've mentioned the blog Going Jesus here usually with the caveat that the content can be a little coarse at times and it's certainly not for everyone. However Sara, the author - who by the way is a serious Christian - does have a wonderful knack for one thing in particular: finding the most extreme in Christian kitsch. If it is theologically tacky, it's a good bet it's been mentioned on her blog.

Today I noticed she's put up a link to a site which left me speechless. Okay, that's not true...I wasn't speechless - I know this because I kept mentioning stuff I found to Amy and she kept telling me to be quiet.

The site is MissPoppy.com and I believe it is the ultimate web store for all things religiously kitsch and a great many things blasphemous, depending of course on your sense of humor and whether you think there's a place in the art world for black velvet and or dogs playing poker.

You can spend waste a lot of time at Miss Poppy's looking at everything from the dropped wallet trick tract to the Jesus soap on a rope.

I must confess I even glanced at the "Christian panties" section...albeit only in brief.

It was this pair that caught my eye - but I also believe that's a mannequin's rump which has to mean I haven't completely bottomed out in terms of redemption.



Remember how Mom always told you to wear clean underwear in case you had to go the hospital? What if you were wearing those at the time of the Rapture?

Then again...maybe you'd be prepared in advance with your End Times Tribulation Gift Helmet.



I don't have any real problem with Miss Poppy's site, but I think I've had my fill.

I suppose a lot of relationships are like that...they are fun for a while, but they don't hold up in the end.