Monday, March 21, 2005

Time Tunnel

I don't have time to write right now and I'm wondering when I will. I have to be at work in 30 minutes which means any thoughts I have need to be written in about 10...make that nine, I stared at the screen for the past 30 seconds.
After work there is a hospital visit, then Amy wants me to go with her to a new doctor but if I do that I won't have any time to sleep so we'll get home and I'll have to crash so I can get up and be out of time again.

There are some aspects of my life that I had down to a routine which now I'm not finding time for...important aspects like walking, time for self reflection. They are the easiest things to sacrifice though when I realize I am "needed" elsewhere or there is a job half finished.

Eight minutes.

Writing every day is a discipline which is very important to me, it's helped me maintain my sanity (what little is left) and helped me work out my thoughts, but now I fear I'm not doing it justice...there are too many interuptions and no one understands the importance I place upon that time.

Six minutes.

Today there are new changes at my office which will change my routine there once again...I do better with time when I control it...but I never have controlled it really.

Five minutes.

All this really leaves me two choices, either I abandon or at least put less emphasis on "writing for me" or I find more time, set my alarm for a half hour earlier (ugh) so I will have time to write at the start of my day. In a way that's appealing...except the getting up earlier part, I wake up at 12:45 a.m. now.

Three minutes.

I can't give up writing though. I feel if I do I will have given up my last "me" thing. Perhaps that's selfish.

I don't have time to consider that any more though.

I'm out of time.