Thursday, March 17, 2005

All's Well

What a difference 20 hours sleep makes. I think sometimes my body simply says, "I'm shutting down now."

Amy posted yesterday so I felt no obligation to write.

I'm hail and hearty today. We have our crappy car back and said goodbye to the PT Cruiser although the insurance company still has not paid us for any repairs - the check is in the mail as they say.

We had another run in with medical creditors. We didn't have to scream at anyone this time. They cut some bills in half with no prompting at all. I paid most of them. I hate to say this, but if you have mounting medical bills, it seems relatively insane to pay them in full. They don't charge interest. Why would I pay any medical bill in full knowing that if I don't, some semi to extremely nasty debt collector will eventually call and depending on their level of nastiness offer to "settle" for 30 to 50 cents on the dollar?

I'm assuming there may be some tax implications but the savings seem worth the wait and they can't really harm our credit at this point.

Anyway, on the way to return the rental car I agreed to a sideline writing job over the phone which will, if it works out, pay off the amount we paid that particular debt collector in one month, almost exactly. Oddly enough I'll be writing about money and jobs.

God will make a way.

There are still two undented quarter panels on our car if anyone wants to take a shot at them...insurance required.