Saturday, March 12, 2005

Making McGriddle Amends

I removed the "my favorite posts" section from the blog yesterday, since I really hadn't updated it in a long long time, and since I wanted to add something else, the agreement for which essentially prevents me from even mentioning.

Anyway it also prompted me to see where I ranked on Google for folks searching for the coveted McGriddle recipe. That's a long story that has now spanned nearly two years, but for the record I'm still number one.

However I noticed there is now someone listed who actually HAS the McGriddle recipe! It's the Recipe Circus website. The downside is I believe it's for a "diet McGriddle" but I'm assuming you can simply substitute "real" ingredients instead for everything that appears to be heart healthy and you'd have something close. Then again, I really don't cook.

In any case, since McGriddle recipe still shows up as one of the things that attracts people to my website most often I thought I'd post the recipe here, stolen from the Recipe Circus and make amends to all those ravenously McGriddle craving web surfers I have offended by my innocent little gag.

Here is the recipe, I make no claims as to whether it's accurate or not...because I've never eaten a McGriddle in my life nor have I any plans to do so.


List of Ingredients

1 cup Bisquick Reduced-Fat Baking Mix
1 egg
1/4 cup light maple syrup
1 cup egg beaters,
1/4 cup fat-free skim milk
2 Tbsp fat-free skim milk
4 slices Kraft 2% Reduced-Fat American cheese slices or laughing cow cheese
8 thin slices Canadian bacon
Cooking spray
Recipe

Mix bisquick, egg, maple syrup, and milk to form a pancake batter.
In large skillet cook egg beaters, cut into 1/4's, set aside,

Pour pancake batter into hot skillet coated with cooking spray - 1/4 cup per serving. Cook as you would a pancake.
When done, top with 1/4 cooked egg beaters, cheese and 2 slices Canadian bacon, and continue flipping on hot skillet until cheese is melted.


Happy breakfast...I can hear your arteries hardening from here.