Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Score It: Eyelids - 1 Michael - 0

I slept the day away. One of the things about being a one car family and Amy being ill is that she'll often have little things she wants to get done during the day, errands or doctors appointments and more often than not I'm the assigned chauffeur.

That means I'll get home from work only to be greeted by a list of things "we" need to do.

I don't mind this, I especially want to be with her when she meets with doctors because I want to be certain I understand what's going on and I want to spend time with her because...well because I love her. However in truth over the past eight months or so my sleep schedule has not been altered, it's been annihilated. I've adjusted fairly well, but every once in a while there are days when I am a zombie as a result. Today was one of those days. Amy needed to run to the store for one item and I trudged along behind her like a creature from a Wes Craven film. As soon as we got home, I mumbled, "mprhrph Nap."

I vaguely recall her asking, "How long do you want to sleep for?"

I'm fairly certain my response was, "mphapmph until I wake up."

Bless her...she let me waste the day away.

Six hours later I am back.

Six hour naps are actually not good for my sleep schedule either, they throw things off even further, but so it goes. I'll try to get to sleep at a decent hour tonight. If I'm tired in the morning I'll remember I slept for six hours today and try to rationalize away the yawns.

I'm sleep walking through a lot of life these days...I suppose that's to be expected.

I take comfort in remembering I'm dreaming of better days ahead.

Of course, now that I look at this post, I'm not truly certain I'm fully awake anyway.

As a dream comes when there are many cares, so the speech of a fool when there are many words. - Ecclesiastes 5:3