Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Spurred To Yawning

There's no joy in Mudville...or Spurs land.

It's half-time, and I'm half awake...still all the hoopla surrounding the Spurs/Suns series, the whining, the dirty plays, the flopping and the "fan" intensity which can only be described as "hatred" has really taken a lot of enjoyment out of watching the Spurs.
Of course, right now they're also stinking up the court with their play while the Suns, as I suspected, are playing like guys with nothing to lose. I still love the team, know they're great guys and I'm sure this too shall pass.

Yet, there's a lesson here, which I should probably remember more often. Investing too much in anything can lead to disappointment or at the very least, severe sleep deprivation.

I'm in it for the long haul...heck, I stuck with the Cowboys even when Barry Switzer ran the team...or thought he did.

Sticking with the Spurs doesn't require nearly as much Maalox.

Still it is one of those nights when a quote of wisdom of which I'm probably overly fond comes readily to mind.



"It's not much of a tail, but I'm kind of attached to it."


======================================

Okay, now that the game is over there's a teeny bit of enjoyment, but I do feel guilty...a teeny bit.