Monday, February 14, 2005

To Ruth...Love, Boaz


To Ruth...Love, Boaz.
That's how I addressed my Valentine's card to Amy - we don't do a lot of Valentine's Day stuff...it usually gets clogged up with her birthday and our anniversary. Cards are about it. Coincidentally her card to me was addressed To: Boaz...Love, Ruth.

Amy and I spent the morning together at the hospital holding each other close and counting our many blessings. It may not have cured Amy but it did wonders for me.

Obviously today was a better day...my funk is fading and I appreciate all the prayers, kind emails and comments. I don't do emotional nosedives too often, at least not publicly, so hopefully there won't be a repeat performance.

Quite frankly I realized I let myself be deceived and distracted. I vowed to devote this time of spiritual seeking to the worship of God and on day three I let myself get fixated on me.

This is a familiar game played for centuries upon the minds of the faithful...and I should have recognized it sooner.

Simple pure devotion to Christ...that's all God really asks of us.

I need to work a lot less at religion and walk a lot more with that thought.

"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment." - Matthew 22: 37-38

=========================
p.s.

My computer is working. I fixed it...sort of....it's in pieces still and a lot of things are not connected, but Amy was fairly certain from my description that the power supply blew. I bravely replaced it (okay, after buying the wrong one the first time) and sure enough...it's rumbling along...I think it will keep working until I can get Amy home to really look at it.