Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Playing In The Land Of Ignatius

It's hot...it's supposed to be pouring rain...I need to get in a walk before church so I have to hurry. Luckily my Jasus name theorist was quite quick in responding to me today. I'm simply going to post portions of our two email exchanges. I've edited some rambling on his part and mine and added in a few editorial comments in red, but the basic gist is here.

He believes the name Wayne itself is not bad, unless paired with certain surnames, although he admits that he needs to give further study to the idea of the middle name of Wayne skewing the results.

===
Dear Sir,

Your email was forwarded to me and I have only one question: how does the name "Wayne" factor into your calculations?

I have noticed a preponderance of serial killers/criminals with either the first or middle name of "Wayne."

Thank you,

Michael Main
Managing Editor


===
From: Solamen David [mailto:jasus@cox-internet.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 9:14 AM
To: Main, Michael
Subject: Re: Story Tip


WAYNE is a great name when attached to the right surname, but is otherwise problematical.

BILLY WAYNE WILLIAMS - ASSAULT
GREGORY WAYNE CLUTCHETTE -FIREARMS
JOHN WAYNE GACY JR - SERIAL KILLER
JOHNNY WAYNE WALLACE - MURDER


I have to research and see if they were 3-name people like "SARAH JESSICA PARKER" "SARAH MICHELLE GELLAR" "RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON" "LARA FLYNN BOYLE," or whether they were like most people a 2-name person 88% of the time. All of the men above used the standard first+last in their everyday life. Jasus The Name Computer has the middle names and uses the vowels and consonants to assess a name, but the 88% rule is programmed in also and is the overriding factor in assessing a name. Here are three with first name WAYNE.



WAYNE GARRISON - MURDER
WAYNE HENLEY - SERIAL KILLER
WAYNE WILLIAMS - SERIAL KILLER
WAYNE SILSBEE -SEXUAL CHILD ABUSE

(This is the line I absolutely adore -mm)
You can imagine that the computer will not recommend WAYNE as a first name with the above surnames.



WAYNE HUIZENGA - RICH 1.8 BILLION
WAYNE BOUTWELL - CEO Southern States Coop.
WAYNE LEONARD - CEO Entergy
WAYNE MURDY - CEO Newmont Mining
WAYNE SANDERS - CEO Kimberly-Clark
WAYNE SMITH - CEO Community Health Systems
(These next two are a bit dubious in my mind -mm)
WAYNE ALLARD - SENATOR (
WAYNE GILCHREST - CONGRESSMAN
WAYNE MORSE - FAMED AMERICAN
WAYNE O'NEIL - MIT professor of linguistics-philosophy


You can also imagine that the computer is happy to recommend the name WAYNE as a first with the above surnames. I do note that only one professor at MIT has the name WAYNE and zero professors at Stanford. Furthermore, no winner of the Nobel Prize has had the name as either a first name nor a middle name. - An important distinction indeed!-mm

===
From: Main, Michael
To: Solamen David
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 9:32 AM
Subject: RE: Story Tip

Thank you for your prompt response...I personally would avoid "Wayne" as a first name simply as a matter of policy having seen too many references to killers/criminals with the first or middle name of Wayne, but I may be jaded by years in the news business.

-MM
Okay "may" is something of an understatement
===
-----Original Message-----
From: Solamen David [mailto:jasus@cox-internet.com]
Sent: Wed 2/23/2005 1:07 PM
To: Main, Michael
Subject: Re: Story Tip

Re: Story Tip Michael Main,
You got it!! If all people surnamed "MAIN" named their sons "MICHAEL" they would, like you, "get it." Please write again.
Solamen



Unlike many of the folks who are let's say eccentric who write to me or my office, this gentleman seems quite friendly, has no apparent wild eyed conspiracies to spin, and doesn't write in crayon. Moreover, I sort of understand what he's getting at....

Okay, now I'm growing a slightly more concerned...I better go walk it off.