Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Too Many Masters Of None

I'm trying to suppress my cynicism today. That's not an easy task on my best days, and today ain't one.

I've spent decades doing what I do "for a living" and far too often I'm called into meetings with people who have edicts from on high for me to implement, but whenever I suggest that a message be passed back from the grunts on the ground to those "on high" I am met with half-witted platitudes, " We have to work with the tools we have.....We know it's not perfect but it's better than nothing... I understand your concerns and feel your frustration... I like to think of the glass as being 'half-full', blah, de blah da blah."

It's been far too long since I've dealt with one of these folks who actually cares about anything but their jobs.

Sorry, today is one of those days.

I've lost faith. Not in God, in common sense, in there being people at least slightly concerned with integrity, in thinking that sooner or later I will meet someone from "on high" who has the...character...to stop covering their behind and start challenging short range thinking...maybe even be able to consider doing what's right over what's most expediently profitable.

This type of ranting is so much easier now that I've imposed the label of "whiner" on myself. Honestly though, I am weary.

There are decisions to be made - some may be made for me for all I know - which are going to impact every aspect of our lives.

So I'm going to do what I should do, let the toadies take their shots and rest in the knowledge that I have only one "Master" and it is in Him where I will put my faith. It is to Him I will listen always.


I hate those who cling to worthless idols; I trust in the LORD. - Psalm 31:6