Thursday, March 01, 2007

Smokin' Out My Funny

When I was kid, my parent's had a cigarette box. Something you don't see much anymore since folks don't let people smoke in their homes, much less have an ornate box of cigarettes at their disposal for guests.

Ours was musical, it played "When the smoke gets in your eyes" which I suppose was humorous at the time.

I actually found something similar on Ebay, on the first try, although I don't recollect the one in our old family home looking like this particular one.



I'm not really sure why I thought of that today.

I think it might be because lately I feel like I've been in a haze when it comes to writing. There have been a number of things that have happened to contribute to that, none of which I'm going to outline here, but one thing I've noticed is...I've lost my funny.

Have you noticed it too?

I've been going through old blog entries and even in some of my darker times, I think I wrote with more of a sense of humor.

Lately I write less, and when I do write I seem preoccupied with unhealed wounds, unfinished business, apparently lost friendships, and disappointments. Yeah, I'm getting freakin' whiny.

I want my funny back.

And I'm gonna get it too.

Of course, I didn't say I was going to get it back today.

I suppose the joke is on you.

However I did find this guy in China today who has found a way to smoke through his eyes.



Hey, it's a start, and no I don't know how he exhales...nor do I want to.