Saturday, March 31, 2007

A Lady Of Character

We pulled it off.

Last night some of the "old radio" dogs who worked with George Jennings in this area, got together for food and conversation with his widow, Nancy.




It was good.

Admittedly, I've been obsessed with trying to get it organized for much of the week, and it's a relief that it was successful.

George Jennings was a real character, and his wife is one too. Despite her loss, she is doing very well, actually far better than the last time I remember seeing her, which was far too long ago.

Nancy, like George, is fiesty and independent. However, last night I hope we helped Nancy realize that she still has "family" in San Antonio, and she can call upon any of us if need be.

I think Nancy needed a night like last night, maybe for a little closure, maybe just to get out of the house.

Honestly, I needed it too.


---------------------
I didn't take many pictures...there was too much catching up to do, but I have posted the few I did take to a web album. You can follow the "My Photo Albums" link on the side bar.