Friday, March 31, 2006

It's Plain The Mains Are Clearly Insane

The insanity of having jackhammers entering our house next week is currently being outweighed by the manic panic of trying to get ready for the jackhammers, the noise, the dust. We really don't know what to expect with the foundation work that begins on Monday, except to be inconvenienced in about every way imaginable.

In a way, I suppose that's good. To be uprooted a bit allows us see our roots...and a lot of dirt that's been clinging to them.

Anyway, blogging may be a bit sporadic or it might be an hourly event over the next week or so. I have to believe that if the workers haven't sent us running and screaming from our home, I'll have to post photos of men working in our floor since no one has ever been in our floor before...at least I hope not - sudden Jimmy Hoffa shudder.

Amy and I also of course have completely irrational hopes that once the work is done we'll somehow reorganize our clutter and not just shove it all back wherever it fits.

Yeah, we're insane.

However, that's not the really nutty thing.

You may want to sit down.

Once the foundation work is done and our clutter is spread back out, Amy and I have plans to help a young family move into our home.

Yes, we're doing it again.

Details on that later. I can hear most of you screaming, "What? Are they CRAZY?"

And I'm fearful I know the answer to that question.