Thursday, February 02, 2006

Mission Schitzo

Okay, let's play a little game...we'll call blognesia. I'm going to forget the stuff I've written over the past couple of days, and I'm encouraging you to do the same.

In truth, this shouldn't be too difficult of a task for you...I would think much of my blathering could fall into the forgettable category rather easily.

Let me state first off that I was determined when I came home from work today to stay the course...the Gomez family was going...there was no turning back.

It would be hard, but it was the easiest solution. We have sacrificed and suffered.

Self-pity is in no short supply.

But I also kept thinking back of our time together with our blended family and the miraculous nature of it all. Five months ago this 50 year old woman, her 18 year old daughter, and 14 year old son were literally washed out of their world. They lost everything except each other.

Today, mother and daughter are full-time college students. Both are working part-time jobs...and John is a freshman in high school. In five weeks they will be in their own apartment, paid for with no government help, and they will quite possibly be in the best position to "succeed" in this world which they've ever been in.

We've come a long way in five months. We've got a long way to go.

God help us but we're going to keep going...together.

I'm not going to forget that again.