Thursday, September 22, 2005

Children Of The Storm

John' has his first football game as a member of the high school band tomorrow. Ana is practicing her flute and saxaphone while voraciously reading Patricia Cornwell novels. Lee is haggling with various government agencies and trying to figure out a new town, a new college, new technologies...a new life.

And they laugh.

I am continually amazed by the joy of our little adopted family. I know there are times of sorrow and homesickness (which Amy is great at intercepting) but the Gomez clan is doing fine. Laughter fills our home, along with music and movies I rented played too loud but watched over and over again.

There is normalcy here, as abnormal as that seems.

We all know there are new challenges almost every day, but we've been amazingly blessed to have "adopted" a family that is so adaptable.

I can't help but wonder how I would cope had I suffered such loss and uncertainty.

They give me hope...these children of the storm.


Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord. -Psalm 31:24