Friday, September 09, 2005

Chasing A Tale

This is going to be brief, but I know at least two people read this blog because they have decided our lives are better than the soap opera they had been watching on T.V. so I feel obligated to make passing mention of two letters I received in the mail today. They are a follow-up to the saga I outlined last month in this post.

One letter was from "card member services" at Chase bank. I'll skip the first few lines and cut to the...sorry that would be too easy...here's the line that matters: "We are pleased to confirm that the APR for purchases is 7.99% fixed...we apologize for any previous discrepancies....Please be assured that these APRs, along with a credit for any applicable finance charges and fees, will be reflected on your next billing statement."

The other letter was from the Better Business Bureau of Delaware...coincidentally it contained an exact copy of the letter from Chase and asked if I considered the matter closed.

I do.

I still also plan to close our account with Chase. It shouldn't have taken complaints to the Better Business Bureau, the Texas Attorney General, and various members of Congress to get the company to honor its word...but I must admit I'm feeling a little smug.

Don't worry, I'll get over it...tune in tomorrow.