Friday, July 20, 2007

Morphing Mental Mud

I apologize in advance for the next thing I post, not for the content but because I haven't been able to formulate it before now.

I suppose I should actually apologize for all the crap I've written in the past couple of months, that would make more sense.

I haven't been suffering from "writer's block"...I think of it more like "writer's clog."

You see, although I have other things to write about I have been haunted by this one idea for some time and actually vowed to write about it months ago, but until today I couldn't fit all the pieces together in a way I wanted.

I still don't really know how I'm going to do it exactly, I don't normally plan out anything I write, I just sit down and spout.

This time it's different. It's an important thought...or at least I think it is, and obviously it has come to dominate a portion of my brain where other things are waiting to be expelled into the blogosphere.

Every time I have tried to sit down to write about it though I realize I want to say it in a different way, or my thinking is not complete, or maybe it should rhyme (I'm not kidding).

So it has morphed into this cerebral"blob" of sorts...

Okay, it's hard to explain....you probably already picked up on that by now huh?

Think of it as a great mass of twine that I've been trying to neatly wrap into a fine ball, but I keep getting more twine which knots and tangles and results in me having to unwind all the previously strung together bits and begin again.



This afternoon - at least I think, heck I pray- I finally assembled all those crumbs of cognitive flotsam, separated them a bit and came to the conclusion I'm ready to really try to wrap it all back up.

I've got to. I am determined to force it out of some other orifice if need be...although that conjures up another mental image for which I really don't have room.

I'm too tired to do it now....I've been tossing and turning and untangling for hours just thinking about it.

I need sleep.

And tomorrow's almost here.

So I'm going to stop explaining, stop thinking, start sleeping and with a healthy measure of God's grace in the hours to come I'm hopefully going to engage in a serious dose of "writer rooter."