Monday, July 02, 2007

The Minimalist

Blogging is going to be at a minimum for a couple of weeks. It's time to focus on family and spiritual renewal, which means "unplugging" from the rush of daily realities a bit.

It's a good thing.

I still have another day of work...and a few days before we leave. One of the many advantages of having folks share our house is that things like "dog-sitting" aren't too much of a concern, and we have a dear friend who I think we've conned into checking on things occasionally as well.

But I know the next few days will be filled with panic and planning....in order to relax.

Sadly, I've wrenched my back in a way I haven't done before, which I guess is God's little reminder that I've crossed the trellis into a new age bracket. I think I'm just going to pack two pairs of jeans, some underwear, a couple pairs of shorts and few tee-shirts.....socks & shoes if they'll fit in something not too heavy.

Right now though, sitting up is not pleasant...and I have yet to learn how to blog on my back, so I'm going to limp over to ibuprofen and back to bed.

I'll check in before we go....perhaps once we arrive. But if you don't hear from me for a while...don't worry...in fact just the opposite - praise God.