Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Mary Mary Quite Contrary

Maybe it's the dog days of summer when news gathering appears the draw to a crawl. We, of course, have the frenzy over that freakish-looking fellow who claimed his way out of Thailand prison with wild-eyed, hazy pronouncements that he killed Jon Benet Ramsey. We'll see how that plays out.

What I've been noticing though is a sudden upswing in news of Virgin Mary sightings.

Last week we had the folks in L.A. who claimed chocolate drippings created a delicious Mary blob.














Today I see a new "Mary" has appeared...in the grease of a George Foreman Grill.


I will admit a certain pleasure in the realization that Mary has yet to appear during this most recent wave of sightings in granola bars, rice cakes, or for that matter any food deemed healthy.


I don't dispute these apparitions. Nor do I judge.

You see, I think all of us would see more signs of God in our world...if only we took the time to look.

Pizza anyone?