Saturday, May 27, 2006

Tell A Joke Saturday

Since I don't feel like writing today, I thought I'd simply open up the forum and let folks comment with their favorite "religious" joke. Presumably that will keep them clean. I'm going to turn off the word verification - which seems to confuse some folks - so anyone can comment, even folks who can't figure out the word verification.

I'll start things off with a stale, old joke that I still love:

An atheist finds himself in a jungle and spots a lion who also spots him. The atheist suddenly decides he might not be an atheist after all. He briefly stops running from the lion, drops to his knees and cries out, "God, please help me!"

Instantly he hears a voice saying, "I wish I could, but you don't even believe in Me."

Sweat pouring off his brow, the atheist replies, "I do now, and I pray that you'll make that lion chasing me a Christian too."





The atheist hears no response so he gets up and starts to run again. He nervously looks over his shoulder only to see the lion suddenly stop running.

The atheist let's out a huge sigh of relief....and then he notices the lion fall to its knees.





The atheist is even more relieved now....then he hears the lion say, "Dear God, thank you for this meal I am about to receive...."