Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Speech- Free & Cheap!

If this is Tuesday, I must be groggy....

Let's see...Pat Robertson is calling for the assasination of Hugo Chavez, the President of Venezuela.

Good for Pat...I'll bet most people can't name the Ten Commandments and quite honestly after commandment number five they all start to run together in my head too. I'm glad he's showing us no one is above the ability to lose gray matter. I especially like the fact that he equated the assassination with being a "lot cheaper" than a war.

Thou shalt not kill...unless of course it proves to be cost effective. It might breathe whole new life into K-Mart.

K-Mart...killing at a discount.

I also saw a story today about how people who attend church regularly are far more likely to support the war on terror and believe foreign affairs often boil down to good versus evil. This poll...I don't report polls by the way because I don't really understand their news value...was done by a group called Public Agenda which has also completed an in depth survey entitled: Americans Perplexed and Anxious About Relations with Muslim World.

If it's any consolation, I don't think they're government funded.

One person who apparently is not perplexed about the Muslim world is Michael Graham, a now unemployed radio talk show host for W-M-A-L in Washington D.C. who referred to Islam as a "terrorist organization." He contended he was exercising his right to free speech. The radio station disagreed and exercised their right to broom him.

Maybe Pat Robertson could give him a job...of course he'd have to be a good shot.