Saturday, April 23, 2005

Out Of My Ivy League

It was an odd sensation this morning...besides the fact my alarm went off at four a.m. on a Saturday. I had to drive our oldest child, Tiffany, to the airport. She flew out at 6 a.m. bound for Logan International in Boston and then into the bowels of Beantown - the subway system that will take her to Harvard.

She's checking out the school for a few days before starting her Master's program there in the fall.

She had everything planned out with maps showing which subways to take. She knows where she will be staying, who she needs to talk to about financial aid, and what classes she wants to sit in on before she comes back.

She's got it all handled.

She is completely independent.

I hugged her and sent her on her way. I groggily drove home thanking God she still at least needed someone...if only to drive her to the airport.