Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I Owe The Pope

I was sleeping as comfortably as one can sleep on naughahyde when Amy woke me with the words, "We have a new Pope!"

I'm not Catholic...neither is Amy, but I suppose I owe Pope Benedict something already...he got me off the naughahyde chair/couch/torture device at the hospital.

Amy has two doctors caring for her now so we're still waiting to get a consensus from them on when she'll come home. We're both hoping for today, but one doctor makes his rounds early in the morning and the other in the afternoon. Even if we can get them to both agree we might not be able to get the release forms signed by both of them until tomorrow.

She's got to be sprung tomorrow. Her folks come into town on Thursday and the doctors and nurses don't want to be around Amy if they prevent her from enjoying that visit. There are not enough narcotics on the planet to make that a pleasant experience.