Thursday, August 07, 2008

I'm Not Taking A Position Here....Butt.

I noticed that testimony is due to start today in the lawsuit filed against Victoria Osteen, wife of Lakewood Church Pastor Joel Osteen.

You may remember the case, in 2005 a flight attendant accused Mrs. Osteen of physically assaulting her over some minor dispute in the first class cabin.

Lakewood Church, for those who might not know, is the GIANT church in Houston housed in what used to be the Houston Rockets arena.

The Houston Chronicle story is here, but what caught my eye was the flight attendant's claim of how this alleged confrontation damaged her. I mean I've had run ins with folks in my day that left me angry, maybe even emotionally scarred...butt..er but, her claim that since this incident she has "lost her religious faith and suffers from hemorrhoids because of the anxiety and trauma..."

Well, I must say I'm glad I'm not going to be on the jury to see the 'evidence.'