Thursday, March 13, 2008

I Bet You'll 'Rish You Didn't See This

I've been so busy lately, odds are I won't be posting anything before St. Patrick's Day, so I figured this was as good of a time as any...besides I found a website that let me make this goofy little display.

Actually, while working on some personal business websites and learning that I'm a lousy basic web designer, especially when I'm rushed, I've also been trying to learn more about using Shockwave flash with marginal success.

So I took some liberties with the code in the video below...removing a good chunk of it which is not really kosher..although I don't think the Irish are too concerned about being kosher in the culinary sense of the word.

In any case, I'm rationalizing my butchering in a number of ways, including that they have nothing on their website saying you shouldn't tinker with their product. Plus I've produced a radio feature about this little widget maker and their website for use on St. Patrick's day....and trust me, that will get more attention than my blog.

Okay, I still feel guilty. So before I go any further, this is the link to their site, where you can make your own goofy blatant plug for Irish Spring.

I will warn you that the most difficult part is not choosing what you're going to look like...



Although that is pretty scary...I found the hardest aspect was trying to work out a speech pattern, which you'll see or hear if I ever stop typing.

I think I'll do that now...

It's not like anything I write is going to make it any better.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
====


(((Post Script))
- Sorry, but the little video keeps making noise and there's apparently no way to turn it off....

Well there is one way.

Which is why the little video is gone.

Happy Palm Sunday!

=======
P.S.S. - I think THOUGHT they caught on and turned off the non-stop gurgling which runs even if this video promotion isn't running. So I took a risk worthy of St. Patrick - not really sure what that constitutes in this day an age, drivin' out snakes, or drinking green beer from a dirty glass. In any case, here's another silly time waster, my apologies in advance..

PSSSS

Okay, sorry. Hope you saw it. Not sure anyone sees anything here anymore. But I couldn't get it to stop making a bubbling sounds....CONSTANTLY. So, it's gone.

If you want to punish yourself...you can still see it here. As you'll note I put a lot of effort into putting up the website.

Guess it's my Irish temper.

"May the Irish hills caress you. May her lakes and rivers bless you. May the luck of the Irish enfold you. May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you."