Sunday, February 17, 2008

Pieces Of Light

A friend recently gave me a light fixture for a room I've made into my office.

It's depression glass,unique, frosted...fragile. I was honored to receive it.

It's amazing it's stayed together this long. The stories it could tell.

It's beautiful and will soon light the room with a warmth and character all its own.

I suppose it takes a keen eye to spy its true beauty, to appreciate it.

It was in a house my friend is renovating although demolishing might be a better term, and he brought it to me with a grin knowing it would have a place of honor in our home.

There's not a chip on it but I'd treasure and respect it even if it had a few mars. Sometimes scars are beautiful too.

I haven't installed it yet...actually, some friends will install it as I'm not known as a handy guy, although I've installed light fixtures before.

There are other more important repairs I've been preoccupied with lately, but this morning I looked over at that fixture and thought of one thing.

I love you, Amy. I see your light. I know your story. I am blessed to have such vision.






Happy birthday my love...


Amy, I will love and honor you all my life.






"Honor your father and mother" is the first commandment that has a promise attached to it, namely, "so you will live well and have a long life."