Sunday, June 03, 2007

The Unwelcomed Visitor

I'm not sure who reads this blog, or for that matter why. However I know some folks have kept tabs on the trials and tribulations regarding Amy's health over the years.
Amy suffers from a number of maladies, initiated seemingly by gastrointestinal surgery some seven years ago and exacerbated by fibromyalgia, and other things.
We have been blessed that Amy has avoided having to be hospitalized for nearly the past three years, after numerous hospitalizations and surgeries.
However now her pain is returning and it's very bad. I'm going to watch her today and see if she improves at all, but having been down this road far too often I've learned not to delay action while banking on hope.
Please pray for Amy. She is frightened, there are some very critical deadlines which we must meet in order to fulfill promises to our family and our clients, and Amy needs to be clear headed, functional and relatively pain free in order for that to happen. I can't do it without her...but I don't want her to be concerned about such matters as it only adds to her stress, which adds to her other problems.

I'm not sure where this is going to lead right now. Last night was very bad...today we're taking it one step at a time, the first step is making sure I keep her hydrated and rested.

Please pray.

It's been a long time since I've had to post something like this, but a cursory check of past writings brings back both painful memories, and a wonderful realization that we have a tremendous support system in the "blogosphere" on which we have come to rely.

I'm falling back on that support system today.

Amy needs your prayers, as do I.


Please pray.