Friday, September 22, 2006

The Mortar Of Faith

I've realized that I have been believing in an illusion...for 10 years.

It's been a crushing revelation, and I'm not going to detail it here. Suffice it to say, Amy and I are in pain and it's a lonely place. What I considered, the mortar of our faith has crumbled and caused me to recognize the faults within its very core.

Our faith however is still strong...and we will be stronger still.

God works in beguiling ways. Amidst our grief some true friends called, unaware of what we're dealing with, and asked us to join them this weekend at a quasi-retreat.

A quiet place.

We will go.

It will be good, although it will result in us missing a wedding of the daughter of some very dear friends. Our attendance at that affair might have caused a distraction in any case and so I suppose I can justify it in that way. Our friends will understand...they will be caught up in the wedding whirl.

Change is coming, some of it heartbreaking. Yet, I suspect that God's hand is in this...in some mystical way...leading us closer to Him. As if often the case, it may mean walking away from our comfort zone.

We could use some prayer...for discernment and forgiveness.

I am praying for these things...and listening.





"Follow Me, and let the dead bury their own dead." - Matthew 4:19